- Students will understand how interactions with settlers and traders influenced the culture of the Northwest Coast people.
- Students will understand how the natural environment influenced the artwork and stories of the Northwest Coast people.
- Students will learn about our basic needs, and compare and contrast how they were met in the 1800s and today.
- Students will resolve conflict using the skills of persuasive writing and speech.
- Students will read and interpret nonfiction text to understand historical events.
- Students will understand the value of traditions in maintaining cultural identity.